The Place Station introduces owners of land and buildings across the UK to social and community entrepreneurs with ideas for transforming their local area - providing a space where people can:
- Search for land and buildings
- Add a Place they'd like to see owned and managed by the community
- Add an Idea for transforming local services
- Propose new uses for available land and buildings
- Comment on and offer to support an Idea or Proposal for a Place
The Place Station has been developed by the Asset Transfer Unit and 00:/.
- Find pro-bono supporters where they live to put their Ideas and Proposals into practice
The Asset Transfer Unit helps to empower local people and organisations to transform land and buildings into vibrant community spaces whilst supporting the development of a thriving third sector. We are the leading provider of expert advice, guidance and support concerning the transfer of under-used land and buildings from the public sector to community ownership and management - helping organisations to develop those assets and deliver long-term social, economic and environmental benefits.
The Unit is led and managed by the Development Trusts Association - the UK's leading network of community enterprise practitioners - in association with Community Matters and the Local Government Association. It is funded by Communities and Local Government.
Nothing marked in Stoke Newington as yet - what neglected, publicly owned buildings are out there in N16? If you know of any, add them to the map and someone might be in a position to bring them back into use.